Cellulose Nano Crystals
Cellulose is the most abundant bio-polymer on earth.
It is a primary building block of the cell wall of all living plants.
CNC provides plants with extraordinary strength, that can be utilized as a building block for the enhancement of existing materials and for the production of novel eco-friendly materials.
Melodea has developed a unique technology for the extraction and industrial production of CNC from wood pulp and paper production side streams. We produce CNC and utilize it in our bio-based solutions for various applications.
Core Properties of our CNC
- 100% biobased
- Self-assembly and transparent
- Abrasion resistant
- Oxygen barrier
- Rheology modifier
- Recyclable, Compostable and Biodegradable
- Highly compatible to water-based systems
- Reinforcement additive for all types of materials
- Enhancement of adhesiveness, scratch resistance, tensile strength, bonding, erosion, anti-counterfeiting, anti-reflection coatings and more
- A carrier platform for introduction and dispersion of other active nano particles for modification of optical properties, gas barrier, active catalysts and more
Melodea invites you to join our bio-based revolution experience firsthand the endless opportunities that CNC bestows. From a simple additive to complex composite foams, from ultrathin coatings to thick films with integrated properties, CNC can be crafted to meet your needs.